Craving or looking for Japanese food? Worry no more because Wild Bamboo opened its doors to Ilonggos. The pioneer in serving these Japanese craze.
Bento Box (top: Beef Tepanyaki, Pork Tonkatsu, Chicken Teriyaki)
Wild Bamboo is a Japanese fast food that offers a variety of fresh and affordable meals. Donburi, Makimono, Bento Boxes, Noodles and Yakitori are some of the dishes they served.
(left: Spicy Tuna Roll, right: Spicy Tuna Salad)
(top: California maki, bottom: Wild Bamboo roll)
To help us know more about Japanese dishes, let's learn these:
- DONBURI- a one-bowl dish full of hot steamed rice with various savory toppings.
- UDON- thick white wheat noodles, served either hot or cold & with various toppings such as fried tofu, tempura, etc.
- RAMEN- thin light yellow noodles served in hot chicken or pork broth with various toppings.
- TEMPURA- deep fried vegetable or seafood in a light, distinctive batter.
- SUSHI- refers to any dish that contains sushi rice, cooked white rice flavored with seasoned rice vinegar.
- TONKATSU- deep fried cutlet of pork
- GYOZA- Chinese ravioli-dumplings, usually filled with pork and vegetables & pan-fried.
- YAKITORI- barbecued chicken skewers
- SASHIMI- is raw, thinly sliced fish or shellfish served with soy sauce or wasabi.
- BENTO- is a combination meal served in a wooden box.
- YAKISOBA- are grilled or fried Chineses style noodles mixed with pieces of meat and vegetables.
- TEPPANYAKI- meat, seafood and vegetables are prepared on a large iron griddle (teppan) around which the diners are seated.
(source: wikipedia, japan-guide)
For more details, visit them at:
SM City Iloilo Foodcourt