FEEL THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS WITH PUTO BUMBONG


It's the month of December and Filipinos have the longest celebration of Christmas. When speaking of December, one thing is on my mind...to eat Puto Bumbong! It only started last year when I fell in love with it. Here in our city, I seldom see someone cooking or selling it. Thus, when I saw it in our plaza I decided to have a try and I liked it.
Actually, Puto Bumbong is a Filipino delicacy that's traditionally served during the Christmas season. It is a steamed glutinous rice cooked in a bamboo. The purple color comes from the mixture of sweet rice and black rice. It is served with butter or margarine, sugar and freshly grated coconut on top. 



I really loved the taste of it. It's chewy and I can taste the sweetness of the margarine,sugar and coconut. It only cost 20 pesos and your good to go. A must-try filipino delicacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...